Are summer programs really useful?
Like everything else in life, you get out of it what you put into it. Summer programs are useful for a multitude of reasons…
- They show admissions counselors that you had the initiative to utilize your summers learning something rather than doing something else less productive
- They allow you to experience life on campus and explore what it would be like to be a student at that particular University, as well as a college student in general
- If you take courses that you are interested in, you can learn something that is important to you or you might discover that you’re not that interested after all
- Occasionally, the instructor may write you a letter of recommendation outlining the skills that he/she saw evident during the course
- It provides for meaningful content to add to your resume
At the end of the day, learning is never a waste of time.